Sunday, March 13, 2011

Follow-up to AM Rant

Saturday, I attended the 3rd Annual Rome Conference on Self-Esteem and Well-Being. It was a very lovely day and I met lots of people. There were several I already knew from the States there as well. I met Rossanna, a teacher from Naples and their group warmly embraced me. It was great fun to hang out with some Italians. I asked Rossanna about brown sugar. She told me they call it cane sugar here. HA! Score 1 point for hostile American baker, 0 points for snarky Italian sugar stacker! I went on to tell her about my Snapshot Rome. She looked puzzled and asked if my child had put the beer in the stroller or if she was smoking a cigar. When I said no, she laughed at me and said welcome to Rome. Curse my puritanical American roots--no points!

No comments:

Post a Comment